The front brakes are ready for new pistons and sealings (after the saw dust on everything is removed of course …).
Finding the right ergonomics can be quite tricky, I figured out. The purpose of the whole thing I’m doing here, is not to create a bike that just looks good in a showroom or on photos. I gonna ride this thing.
Looks pretty much like I’ve finished all the super dirty jobs, with the preparation of the front calibers. It’s very satisfying to see almost 40 years old doggy components in a new shine.
but at least in the right direction
at least most of it
Cylinder and head in a fresh black. It was not that easy to buy the VHT paint in Europe.
Getting the head prepared for glass particle blasting.
I made this little clutch holding tool, after searching the internet for solutions to get the clutch out of the engine. Not exactly happy with it. I should have used some more of those metal plates. The single one has left
As I mentioned before I bought two bikes to start with. So I got two XS750 engines to choose from. One of them wasn’t running for more then a decade and the other one was pretty much at the end