Small update on the fuel taps. I ordered a piece of gasket paper and made all new gaskets for the converted fuel taps. Before I did this, I plane grinded all the pieces, except the lower part, where the fuel lines are going to be connected to. Could not do it, because some geometry is sticking out in the center. Unfortunately those pieces are bended like hell. I think one of the photos tells the story quite well. That’s the reason why I ordered relatively thick gasket paper.
Because I did not trust the whole thing too much I made a small testing device out of a plastic box and gave it a try with water. Did not like the idea of screwing the fuel taps to the fuel tank, filling petrol in and being confronted with leaking fuel tabs again. But, at least with water it worked fine. So I partially disassembled them and gave them some time for the water to try. Now they should be ready to get back in the place where they are supposed to be. But before I put them back on the tank, I’ll have a very close look how much corrosion has happened inside the fuel tank in the last two years of being empty.