Did a few more steps the last days. Finally I put the cylinder head back on the engine. Procrastinated quite a bit with that. I was not sure if I took care of the orientation of the piston rings, so
Because one of my fuel taps is leaking, I’m trying to convert them to manual ones. In the hope they will work reliable in the future. Here I found a very good step by step instruction, I followed so far.
This is an other side project for my bike build. For the clean and tidy appearance of the bike I’d like to use minimalistic switches on the handle bar. And to use them I need a control unit, that does
After some more testing I am now very sure: the Raask rearset is the way to go. It still feels a little too far back and also somewhat high, but it still feels so much better then the foot pegs in
The front brakes are ready for new pistons and sealings (after the saw dust on everything is removed of course …).
Finding the right ergonomics can be quite tricky, I figured out. The purpose of the whole thing I’m doing here, is not to create a bike that just looks good in a showroom or on photos. I gonna ride this thing.
Looks pretty much like I’ve finished all the super dirty jobs, with the preparation of the front calibers. It’s very satisfying to see almost 40 years old doggy components in a new shine.
So far I’ve only written about home or shop made tools. I really like the idea to use tools to create tools. Gives me somehow the feeling of independence and freedom. Anyway, now I’d like to write about a tool
The engine is back in the frame and the pistons and the cylinder of the 78 engine are mounted. Still got some work to do on the cylinder head. I had some trouble with two exhaust valves. I guess they are not
Finally I am becoming the feeling that there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Slowly everything is getting there. The rear brakes are waiting for break fluid now. Then I got to do the front beaks. One