After checking, double checking and checking again, I trusted my wiring harness enough to connect the batteries and test the starter. Worked fine. I also had sparks at all three spark plugs. But now, before I can run the engine
The electric for the XS750 is almost there. At least all the parts that are necessary to run the engine. After playing with the thought of using some fancy minimalistic push button solution at the handle bar and a micro
Did a few more steps the last days. Finally I put the cylinder head back on the engine. Procrastinated quite a bit with that. I was not sure if I took care of the orientation of the piston rings, so
Because one of my fuel taps is leaking, I’m trying to convert them to manual ones. In the hope they will work reliable in the future. Here I found a very good step by step instruction, I followed so far.
After some more testing I am now very sure: the Raask rearset is the way to go. It still feels a little too far back and also somewhat high, but it still feels so much better then the foot pegs in
The front brakes are ready for new pistons and sealings (after the saw dust on everything is removed of course …).
Finding the right ergonomics can be quite tricky, I figured out. The purpose of the whole thing I’m doing here, is not to create a bike that just looks good in a showroom or on photos. I gonna ride this thing.