I’ve put a bit of work in the space around the handle bar. I bought a fancy small speedometer, with analog RPM display, shift flash and basically all the needed control lights included. A small piece of sheet aluminum, which
After checking, double checking and checking again, I trusted my wiring harness enough to connect the batteries and test the starter. Worked fine. I also had sparks at all three spark plugs. But now, before I can run the engine
In the meantime I started with the carbs. From the outside they looked unbelievable bad. Some previous owner decided to paint the engine, including the carbs black with a spray can. All still mounted in the frame I guess. But
Did a few more steps the last days. Finally I put the cylinder head back on the engine. Procrastinated quite a bit with that. I was not sure if I took care of the orientation of the piston rings, so
Because one of my fuel taps is leaking, I’m trying to convert them to manual ones. In the hope they will work reliable in the future. Here I found a very good step by step instruction, I followed so far.
After some more testing I am now very sure: the Raask rearset is the way to go. It still feels a little too far back and also somewhat high, but it still feels so much better then the foot pegs in
The front brakes are ready for new pistons and sealings (after the saw dust on everything is removed of course …).
but at least in the right direction