In the meantime I started with the carbs. From the outside they looked unbelievable bad. Some previous owner decided to paint the engine, including the carbs black with a spray can. All still mounted in the frame I guess. But
the last engine parts now in a friendly black
a few more steps
Did a few more steps the last days. Finally I put the cylinder head back on the engine. Procrastinated quite a bit with that. I was not sure if I took care of the orientation of the piston rings, so
fuel taps rebuild
Because one of my fuel taps is leaking, I’m trying to convert them to manual ones. In the hope they will work reliable in the future. Here I found a very good step by step instruction, I followed so far.
Control unit for the bike electrics using arduino and relays
This is an other side project for my bike build. For the clean and tidy appearance of the bike I’d like to use minimalistic switches on the handle bar. And to use them I need a control unit, that does
After some more testing I am now very sure: the Raask rearset is the way to go. It still feels a little too far back and also somewhat high, but it still feels so much better then the foot pegs in
The front brakes are ready for new pistons and sealings (after the saw dust on everything is removed of course …).
playing with ergonomics
Finding the right ergonomics can be quite tricky, I figured out. The purpose of the whole thing I’m doing here, is not to create a bike that just looks good in a showroom or on photos. I gonna ride this thing.
front calibers ready for painting
Looks pretty much like I’ve finished all the super dirty jobs, with the preparation of the front calibers. It’s very satisfying to see almost 40 years old doggy components in a new shine.