After some more testing I am now very sure: the Raask rearset is the way to go. It still feels a little too far back and also somewhat high, but it still feels so much better then the foot pegs in
The front brakes are ready for new pistons and sealings (after the saw dust on everything is removed of course …).
Finding the right ergonomics can be quite tricky, I figured out. The purpose of the whole thing I’m doing here, is not to create a bike that just looks good in a showroom or on photos. I gonna ride this thing.
Looks pretty much like I’ve finished all the super dirty jobs, with the preparation of the front calibers. It’s very satisfying to see almost 40 years old doggy components in a new shine.
Finally I am becoming the feeling that there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Slowly everything is getting there. The rear brakes are waiting for brake fluid now. Then I got to do the front brakes. One
but at least in the right direction
at least most of it
Using the kitchen oven for baking VHT paint doesn’t sound too healthy to me. So I had to find an other solution. My first thought was to get an adjustable heat gun and warm the pieces up with that. Worked
Cylinder and head in a fresh black. It was not that easy to buy the VHT paint in Europe.