I’ve put a bit of work in the space around the handle bar. I bought a fancy small speedometer, with analog RPM display, shift flash and basically all the needed control lights included. A small piece of sheet aluminum, which
The rear end is coming closer to its final shape. The rear fender is now connected to the seat and the indicators are sitting in a temporary 3d printed socked. Now I’m thinking about to get them printed in a more
Decided to go for a reduced electric. As less parts are there as less can fail. I’ll use only the switches on the left side of the handle bar and the ignition lock for switching on/off the lights.
In the meantime I started with the carbs. From the outside they looked unbelievable bad. Some previous owner decided to paint the engine, including the carbs black with a spray can. All still mounted in the frame I guess. But
Did not see any cracks when sanding and painting it. When tightening the screw it fell apart..
Did a few more steps the last days. Finally I put the cylinder head back on the engine. Procrastinated quite a bit with that. I was not sure if I took care of the orientation of the piston rings, so
Because one of my fuel taps is leaking, I’m trying to convert them to manual ones. In the hope they will work reliable in the future. Here I found a very good step by step instruction, I followed so far.
This is an other side project for my bike build. For the clean and tidy appearance of the bike I’d like to use minimalistic switches on the handle bar. And to use them I need a control unit, that does