Finalizing the lines of the fuel tank and the seat. Way more work then I expected it to be. Now, the base plate of the seat needs a bit more stiffness and under the seat will be a compartment for all
Finally I got a rolling chassis. Almost like a motorcycle – just without engine!
I’m not exactly sure if I should go for K&N filters or inlet trumpets. The filters keeps the dirt away. But the turbulences they are producing are not exactly what I’m looking for. At the moment I tent more towards the
finally I finished the wheels and almost the fork. New bearings and seals in both rims. Cause I don’t own the fancy tool for that I used a punch and a hammer for both – getting the old bearings out of
After hammering for an hour (at least it felt like that) the bearings for front wheel are in. I always start way to gently when doing things like that…
The freshly honed cylinder is back as well. Now it got to sit around and wait for a while. Would like to focus on the fork and wheels now, in order to have a rolling chassis soon.
This morning I picked up the rims and parts of the fork from the powder coater. I’m quite pleased with the result! Now there is more then enough work waiting for me. Once the fork is assembled and the rubber
As I bought two bikes, I got two engines to choose of. One bike was built in 1977 and one in 1978. The plan is in the end to have one running engine and a some spare parts. The 77 engine
One of the threads of the mounts of the rear suspension was badly damaged. There was just not enough material left to fix it. Because there is not really a big load on the screw – it just prevents the
The seat is so far the only real custom build part of the bike. I made it last year when I was for work in Germany. With the Photoshop render I did, and a very rough model which represents the