Did a few more steps the last days. Finally I put the cylinder head back on the engine. Procrastinated quite a bit with that. I was not sure if I took care of the orientation of the piston rings, so
Finding the right ergonomics can be quite tricky, I figured out. The purpose of the whole thing I’m doing here, is not to create a bike that just looks good in a showroom or on photos. I gonna ride this thing.
Looks pretty much like I’ve finished all the super dirty jobs, with the preparation of the front calibers. It’s very satisfying to see almost 40 years old doggy components in a new shine.
but at least in the right direction
at least most of it
Getting the head prepared for glass particle blasting.
As I mentioned before I bought two bikes to start with. So I got two XS750 engines to choose from. One of them wasn’t running for more then a decade and the other one was pretty much at the end
Finalizing the lines of the fuel tank and the seat. Way more work then I expected it to be. Now, the base plate of the seat needs a bit more stiffness and under the seat will be a compartment for all
I’m not exactly sure if I should go for K&N filters or inlet trumpets. The filters keeps the dirt away. But the turbulences they are producing are not exactly what I’m looking for. At the moment I tent more towards the
finally I finished the wheels and almost the fork. New bearings and seals in both rims. Cause I don’t own the fancy tool for that I used a punch and a hammer for both – getting the old bearings out of