Here’s a short video, showing the modified router in action.
From time to time I’m doing a bit of wood working in my garage. Only a bit, and not very often. I totally love biscuit joints. The result is always super accurate and it’s more or less fast to do.
Slowly I am getting a bit better organized. Put some jars to store screws. Somehow it feels like I spend more time with getting the shop done then actually working on the bike.
Using the kitchen oven for baking VHT paint doesn’t sound too healthy to me. So I had to find an other solution. My first thought was to get an adjustable heat gun and warm the pieces up with that. Worked
Getting the head prepared for glass particle blasting.
I made this little clutch holding tool, after searching the internet for solutions to get the clutch out of the engine. Not exactly happy with it. I should have used some more of those metal plates. The single one has left
As I mentioned before I bought two bikes to start with. So I got two XS750 engines to choose from. One of them wasn’t running for more then a decade and the other one was pretty much at the end
Yesterday I’ve been to a local hardware store – looking for a scriber. I found a fancy one in the shape of a ballpen. Really liked the idea to hide the pointy end in the housing of the ballpen.
finally I finished the wheels and almost the fork. New bearings and seals in both rims. Cause I don’t own the fancy tool for that I used a punch and a hammer for both – getting the old bearings out of
After hammering for an hour (at least it felt like that) the bearings for front wheel are in. I always start way to gently when doing things like that…